Sunday, January 30, 2011

So close yet so far away!

Point to ponder:  


The way you see your life shapes your life.  If asked how you picture your life, what image would come to your mind? That image is your life metaphor.  If you think life is a party, you value having fun.  It you think life is a race, you value speed and will always be in a hurry.  If you think life is a game, you value winning.  God's view of life: Life is a test, Life is a trust, and life is a temporary assignment.

Life on earth is a Test: 
God continually tests people's character, faith, obedience, love, integrity, and loyalty.  Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.  You will be tested by major changes, delayed promises, impossible problems, unanswered prayers, undeserved criticism, and even senseless tragedies.  A very important test is how you act when you can't feel God's presence in your life.  When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in your life.  Every day is an important day, and every second is a growth opportunity to deepen your character, to demonstrate love, or to depend on God.  The good news is that God wants you to pass the tests of life, so he never allows the tests you face to be greater than the grace he gives you to handle them.      
          - Chapter 5 - Purpose Driven Life

____________________________________________

My journey in a nutshell... I woke up at literally the crack of dawn so I went swimming and hot tubbing.  Then I began my insanely long journey to some place I've never heard of which is on the other side of Atlanta, Georgia.  Let me tell you a little story about Atlanta traffic...it's intense.  I'm used to passing the good ol' Amish folk on my way to Kville.  In Atlanta, at one point there was eight lanes of traffic going the same direction.  A couple times there was three merging lanes...what!!!  Also they are chronic speeders...I'm not talking 7 mph over I'm talking 15-20 mph over.  Barb logic...Maybe they don't have speed limits on Sunday (Sadly she was dead serious. Oh and in case you are wondering they do enforce speed limits on Sunday!).  Anyway, I thank my lucky stars that I am able to write about it.  Also, no one informed me of the time change.  I type in my Garmin the address to my hotel and I'm just driving along...I look down and see it's 8pm...5 minutes later it's 9:05 pm and I arrive at my hotel.  Nice surprise!  Another fun fact, there are a zillion palm trees outside my hotel room and not a drop of snow in sight! Feels good!  I can't believe tomorrow I'll be in ORLANDO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment